Sunday, March 6, 2011

I can't diet - nor will I diet!

Let's face it - I love to eat!! I have always loved to eat. And, I love to eat things that taste good. Perhaps this is why my most successful diet lasted only two weeks. My church had its annual BBQ this weekend - and I reveled in it.  I had a sandwich Saturday, one for dinner on Sunday, and I have packed my lunch for tomorrow with another sandwich. At the end of the day, my commitment to my church family is more important than physical appearances. Hence, why I must enjoy BBQ sandwiches, He He. I also had family over for a delicious brunch after Camilla's baptism at church - Grits Casserole, Ham Biscuits, Bread Pudding, a salad, Berry Trifle, and Mimosas.  I think it is clear now why the epic "Last Ten Pounds" has become epic: a long narrative poem, grand. Will this epic ever have an end?

I can't diet - nor will I diet. I have tried so many times since 1995 to lose ten pounds. Unsuccessfully I fall back into old habits. Thus, I have accepted my size, my pre-baby size that is. Currently,I am back to the ten pound cat and mouse game to get back to the pre-baby size that is over sized but acceptable. Yet, I will not diet!

Solutions? I am getting physical. Last week I posted my goal for a twenty minute workout.  It took me till Friday to accomplish it - but it was completed. This week's goal is an apple.  Gala Apples were on sale this week so I bought a whole bag. My plan is to replace my morning snack, which normally ranges from a couple of Ritz crackers to a granola bar, with a newly purchased Gala Apple. Everything else will remain the same. I love to eat, and this week I am loving the Gala Apple!!

No comments: