Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spinning Away Monday

This past Monday, Abby commented in our Spin Class that she looked forward to "Spinning away her Monday." We all then laughed about how that sounded like the title to a new pop song. But, in all seriousness, she was really spinning away all of the drama, fatigue, and frustration that follows any "Monday, Monday - can't trust that day..."

"Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away," - Barbara DeAngelis

Personally, I love Spin Class. I can sit, with the lights off, listen to great music, sweat off 350-400 calories, and just daydream by myself. For me, it is the perfect marriage between being productive towards my Suburban Challenge goal and rewarding myself. For all of us, working out should not be dreadful and regretful. It should be that 45 minute period of the day where I can say "Thank you for the opportunity - this is for ME!" Of course that high also comes from the body's release of an all natural Prozac or Zoloft, GO SEROTONIN AND DOPAMINE!

No comments: