Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nesting

The problem: We live in a three bedroom house, but that third bedroom is a pine paneled office.  Very Dark! For a while I wanted to let Camilla and the new baby share a room because moving the office would be daunting and dark. 
But then, through the power of Pintrest, I found a computer armoire from Walmart that would store most of the office in the living room and open the dark bedroom up to possibilities. 


Then the problem became what to do with the pine paneling.  My favorite designer from HGTV is Sarah Richardson.  In one of her episodes, she remodeled her lake house, which was all pine paneling.  One of the bedrooms was in green and blue where she only painted two walls.

Inspiration room.......

So here is what I did - painted two walls, made curtains, and am now in the process of finding the artwork (or making the art work) for the walls.

Before...

Before...

After paint and curtains

After painting only two walls....and I think I like it.

No comments: