Saturday, January 19, 2013

Beets for the Kids

I recently saw this article in Parenting Magazine with beet recipes:

http://www.parenting.com/article/beet-recipes?cid=searchresult


Well, we are going to try a few.  I have never eaten a beet in my life. I do know that they are very healthy and easy to grow.  But, I wonder if I can substitute canned beets rather than roast and puree whole beets???



We made the cupcakes first without the frosting and substituted an organic flour so that these would be OK for afternoon snacks. We also used 1/2 can of canned beets pureed with an immersion blender.

I thought about making them as mini-cupcakes, but then Camilla would not have been able to use her new Elmo Cupcake papers! I think she likes them.
 
We will have to try the pancake recipe next!

No comments: