Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Challenge

Goal #1:  To prepare a healthy, home-made dinner for my family every night we so choose. I was at my third job today talking to a customer who put it best, "I can either spend time in the kitchen or spend time with my kids." The result is obvious. I have worked in a kitchen environment ever since shift leader at Camp Tekoa's kitchen in 1997. Then there was Foster's Market, LA Weight Loss, and now at a high end Culinary Store. I do not want to stop cooking, yet I want to be the best mother possible.  A plan must be devised.

Goal #2:  To work out four days a week so as to loose the epic "Last Ten Pounds." So, my goal #1 has to allow time for the gym and to not be too unhealthy.

Goal #3:  To learn how to sew. This goal might have to wait till the summer.

Goal #4:  To constantly SAVE money, allowing Steve to continue his evening studies at Catawba College. Which sends me back to goal #1 - we have to keep it in control.

Goal #5: To continue gardening fruits and vegetables and preserving them.  This makes goal #1 more affordable and fresh!

Thus, is my Suburban Challenge. Notice how it all relates back to cooking - except for the sewing part. A lot can be said for a healthy kitchen relationship. Stick with me and I'll share my lessons - good and bad - so that you also can master your own Suburban Challenge.

No comments: