Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What's on SALE: Feb 24-Feb 27

My second goal of this challenge is to save money.  I have always been good at managing my finances, but times are tougher than ever. Therefore, I am challenging myself to reach new heights in balancing the 'Bree' budget.

My philosophy on coupons: CAREFULL. Coupons can make you spend money that you would not normally spend, therefore not saving you much money at all. Sometimes I feel like I buy something just because I have a coupon for it?? (However, I do admire those who can keep every coupon in an organized notebook - I see them walking around the stores on double coupon weekends with their notebook out in their carts.) I have learned to only clip coupons for items I already use normally. Then, I hoard these coupons until someone has a double coupon week.

Well, that week is here!!  Harris Teeter and BiLo are both having double coupon weekends for any coupon up to a value of $.98.

Here are some other great sales at each store so you can decide where to unload your coupons.
Harris Teeter                                                                      BiLo
Mushrooms $2.59 pint (if you want to make meatloaf)      Mushrooms pints 2 for $4.00
Biscuits $.97 (next week's Chicken Pot Pie)                          Boston Butts $1.69 per lb.
Frozen Sweet Peas 2/$4.00 Organic                                       Pride of the Farm Ground Turkey 3 for $3
VO5 Shampoo $.89                                                                     Chicken Breast $.99 per lb.
EZ Peel Shrimp Buy 2 Get 3 Free                                              Pork Chops $1.49 per lb.

Last week was Super Double Coupons at Harris Teeter.  Here is what I was able to get for $24.00.  It would have been $52 without coupons. Six bars of soap, 5 tubes of Colgate, 2 bottles of lotion, 1 shampoo, 2 deodorants, 1 baby oatmeal, 1 baby wipes, and 1 Fabreeze.

No comments: